Weight Loss and Digestive Health
Obesity is a serious problem in the United States that negatively contributes to a wide variety of health issues and concerns, including heart disease, Type 2 diabetes and joint disease. Losing weight can be difficult and there are often underlying health issues that can contribute to your inability to lose or maintain a healthy weight.
The Florida Hospital Tampa Surgical Weight Loss Institute provides a comprehensive approach to weight loss and the treatment of obesity, starting with an initial evaluation with one of our specialists.
Are You a Candidate?
You may be a candidate for surgical weight loss, including gastric band, gastric sleeve, gastric bypass, vBloc therapy or ORBERA, if you meet the following conditions:
- Are at least 18 years of age.
- Body mass index (BMI) more than 40.
- BMI of more than 30 with other obesity-related conditions (diabetes, heart disease, sleep apnea).
- Previous efforts to lose weight with diet and exercise have been unsuccessful.
- Are free from emotional, medical, psychological or other special conditions that may complicate obesity surgery.
- Have a willingness to commit to long-term medical follow-up, as well as the life-long changes in eating, exercise and lifestyle habits necessary to maintain weight loss after surgery.
Support begins with your first contact with us and extends well after your weight loss goals are met.
Surgical Weight Loss Expertise Close to Home
The Florida Hospital Tampa Surgical Weight Loss Institute is an accredited center under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), a joint program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS). We treat our patient’s digestive health issues with a strong focus on patient education, before and after surgery, and provide ongoing education and support through a variety of ways, including our weight loss surgery support groups.
Time for a New You
If you are interested in learning more about taking charge of your digestive health through surgical weight loss, contact us for pre-screening and evaluation to determine what treatment options are right for you. We’ll help you regain control of your digestive health and improve your overall health so that you can enjoy life to the fullest.