Voice and Swallowing Center
The Voice and Swallowing Center is a unique center specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with voice, airway, speech and swallowing disorders. By employing advanced diagnostic techniques, our team of medical professionals are able to offer patients relief and an individualized treatment plan for recovery.
At the Voice and Swallowing Center, our team utilizes the most current treatment options and contributes to advancements in the diagnosis and treatment of voice and swallowing related disorders.
Symptoms of voice and swallowing disorders can vary greatly, depending on the condition. Many patients may not realize the symptoms they are experiencing are the result of a voice or swallowing disorder that can be treated.
Symptoms of a voice or swallowing disorder may include:
- Coughing while eating or soon after eating
- Chest congestion after eating or recurring pneumonia
- Difficulty or pain when swallowing
- Drooling when unable to swallow saliva
- Unexpected weight loss, from an inability to eat
- Wet or gurgly sounding voice after or while eating
For more information about, or to schedule an appointment at the Voice and Swallowing Center, please call (813) 615-7483.
Health care solutions are always growing and our skilled professionals at the Florida Hospital Tampa Voice and Swallowing Center will deliver enhanced services through advanced technology and personalized care. Our team is led by Program Coordinator Cory O’Brien, a licensed speech-language pathologist who is board certified in swallowing disorders.
- Licensed Speech-Language Pathologist, Endoscopist
- Education: Bachelor’s and Master’s degree from the University of Tennessee